13.2.18

Dressing for V-Day!

The older I get, the more I love celebrating Valentine's Day! This year I'll be making the rounds at the kids' class parties, the Ash Wednesday service, and hopefully a quiet dinner at home! Looking back at pictures reminded me how much I already wear red and pink, but you don't have to be head-to-toe heart eyes to get the look!!
My red Old Navy coat paired with a sleeveless navy and white check shirt from Target and white jeans with booties. 
My African skirt by lovely Natal, worn with a black scoop neck tee and simple gold earrings. I like to wear it out with chunky heels and a fun red leather clutch! 
Classy and casual with a white button-down and pumps like Leandra Medine, or a fun pleated skirt and t-shirt complete with heart glasses on Giovanna
The first part of my day will be dressed down and kid-craft-friendly, so I think I'll do black and white separates with a pop of pink.
{Black Forever 21 jeans, Wilt White Tee, Pink Pashmina, World Market Hoops, J.Crew Factory Coat}
I love an oversized pink sweater paired with edgy leather pants like Emmanuelle AltOr a crisp white button-down shirt tucked into pink trousers with nude heels à la Victoria Beckham.
For an engagement party over the holidays, I raided my MIL's closet and wore my black pants with this silk top and fun Kate Spade heels layered with a long sequined jacket.
We're going on a casual date night, but if I was dressing up I'd love something frilly like this!!
My J.Crew black pants that I wear with EVERYTHING and a fun pop of color with clutches I've made...
I love florals in an unexpected color palette, like this silk Joie dress that I've dressed up or down with flats, sandals, booties, etc...
Zara has SO many floral dresses right now that I'd pair with black booties, inspired by this Olivia Palermo look.
I think turquoise and red can also be a fun combo with black or white thrown in the mix.
 {J.Crew eyelet top and gold earrings, with Mar Y Sol clutch and white jeans}
Chunky vintage necklaces make an all-black ensemble festive, or a fun long dress even more eccentric...
{Black jeans, Rebecca Taylor sweater, Target tank, vintage necklace}
I wish they made this Crewcuts dress in my size! It looks so cute on P, especially with Annie's red leggings and ballet flats!
If you want to add just a touch, I love a bold pink or red lip paired with black and white, like my Target top I got for a steal!
{Red nails}
Aunt Lela tied a sweet velvet ribbon around her bun last week and it was so chic!!
An all-white look layered with a pink coat--H&M has so many fun ones on sale- like this pale short version or a bright long one.
New York Fashion Week is in full swing right now, and there's pink and red all over the runways. Literally! Tory Burch lined hers with 14,000 carnations, drawing her inspiration from Jackie O's chic sister Lee Radziwill-
Photographed by Horst, Vogue 1971
Her Paris apartment and that iconic pink sofa!!
Lela's been living in this FAB coat she got for her birthday, which suits her personality perfectly :) Whatever you decide to wear for Valentine's Day, I hope its a good one!! xoxo 

No comments: