30.4.18

Woven Accessories for the Win!

{J.Crew Top, White Jeans, Mar Y Sol clutch}

The easiest way to transition any single outfit into Spring and Summer is by simply adding a woven accessory! I'm switching out my booties for straw-adorned slides and moving my woven bags to the front of my closet--an instant wardrobe update. The best part is that straw, raffia, and wovens have been around for decades, so you can find great vintage pieces! Be sure to shop high and low, because there's so many options out there!!

ROSIE Daisy and Bee Clutch $225
This oversized Target Pom Pom Clutch ($20!) turns an off-the-shoulder basic black top into a fun summer outfit--Tiny Finch Tassel Earrings and Horn Bangles.
*Anthropologie has a similar version with Monograms!
Or tie a silk scarf around any of your woven bags for a quick update!!
Etsy is a treasure trove for vintage straw bags and clutches!! (I like to Search: vintage straw clutch/purse, vintage embroidered clutch, vintage raffia etc. and then choose to Sort: lowest to highest prices.) How fun is this Raffia Fish bag?!?
Topshop Mini Round Crab Tote (also converts to crossbody :)) $40
I found my woven Mexican bag and tassel on Instagram last summer from The Swellife, A Fashion Truck that pops up all over NY!! 
I love it for the pool or around town with a white t-shirt, jeans, and ballet flats :)
{Clare Vivier Woven Collection}
{OP with a Mar Y Sol Tote-- Shop it all on Gilt for a fraction of the cost HERE!!}
Zara Floral Tote--with striped lining!! $70
One of my GO-TO straw bags that my MIL brought back from Uganda, easy to throw on with a black dress and gold sandals!
My favorite French market bags in Deauville, FR. Since I'm not hopping the pond this summer, I ordered this style for our family trip to Disney Land. I love having the backpack (hands-free) option for traveling with kids!!
As with bags, woven espadrilles, sneakers, and slides are perfect to throw on with any outfit, especially black!! These closed-toe nude espadrilles I bought at Target (similar here) when Fred was pregnant and they've seen better days, but I still pull them out when it warms up! Wearing them with an off-the-shoulder dress I found at Abercrombie last spring.
I wasn't sure if I'd wear the sneaker-style espadrilles, so I ordered these from Target and I wear them all.the.time!!! They reminded me of these:
I got these dressier BR Espadrille Wedges on sale for Easter weekend (they're narrow, I had to go up 1/2 a size) and they go with EVERYTHING!!
{Target top, Cynthia Collins Rope Necklace, Vintage Clutch, Gap Jeans, BR Slides-also got on sale!!}
{My old Joie dress got a Spring update with the pom pom slides--Clare V Messenger Bag, Horn earrings}
I found my oversized brim hat at the local hardware store, but the frilly bow was on the side, so I trimmed it up and moved it to the back!! 
{Similar Somerset Hat via Terrain}
I did the same thing a few years ago with this straw hat that I ordered from Amazon!! 
I also got my San Diego Hat Company Visor on Amazon (easiest way to shop various style of hats with free returns!) and gave it a pom pom update. I absolutely LOVE that it rolls up and packs easily into my pool bag!! 
{TJ MAXX Top, J.Crew shorts, Penny Lane Flip Flops} 

Some of my favorite places to shop for straw accessories are Anthropologie, Etsy, ASOSWorld Market, ShopbopTopshop, and antique stores!!

1 comment:

L said...

Mmmmm obsessed with the backpack! Great find!!